Rock Band - inducted individually
BMHOF Class of 1983
The first BMHOF alumni automatically inducted on the strength of three consecutive Buffalo Music Awards top honors, the members of Talas were inducted individually. (In fact, no band would be inducted collectively until the Tweeds won the honor almost a decade later.) So, the first three members of the BMHOF are:
Dave Constantino (guitar/vocal)
Paul Varga (drums)
Billy Sheehan (bass)
- A “super-group”, power rock trio who started in small clubs and high school dances and ended up fronting concerts for tens of thousands.
- Toured with Van Halen in the 80’s
- Toured Japan and other Asian markets in the 90’s
- Billy Sheehan went on to play with Mr Big, Niacin, Steve Vai, The Winery Dogs and the David Lee Roth Band
- Billy Sheehan is the 5 time winner of “Best Rock Bass Player” as awarded by Guitar Player Magazine.
Talas reunited and produced a “Live” recording of their sold out show at Kleinhans Music Hall in Buffalo, NY on November 29, 1997. The band was signed to Warner Music Japan and Metalblade Records in the states. Talas toured Japan with great success where they sold over 30,000 CDs and played another successful reunion at Kleinhans on November 28, 1998. Talas got together again in 2012 for a concert at Hard Rock Café’s Summer Concert Series in Niagara Falls USA and performed to a large, enthusiastic crowd.
Back - 1983